KRELL INDUSTRIES, LLC
Job Title: Quality Inspector / Packer
Reports To: Production Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Performs final cosmetic inspection on production and service units. Packs unit, sub-assemblies, raw parts and other miscellaneous items prior to shipment, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. Essential duties require standing, heavy lifting, and material moving the majority of the work day. Must be able to lift and maneuver at least 50lbs regularly.
Confers daily with Production Manager and /or Customer Support Coordinator about customer assignments and proposed freight consolidations.
- Compares information on each unit with its traveler [a written document of the build history and test procedures for each unit] to confirm that: the serial number on the unit matches the number on the traveler, that the [product] identifying metalwork [faceplate, rear panel} is correct, that the unit has been set to the voltage appropriate for it’s destination, that the cosmetic qualities of the unit are of acceptable high quality.
- Completes notation of quality control inspection of items listed in all categories above on traveler and signs traveler.
- Applies small cosmetic touch-ups as required, following consultation with Supervisor.
- Selects correct packing materials set.
- Partially tapes cartons.
- Cleans unit with solvents to eradicate finger prints and dust.
- Gathers unit accessories: owners manual, power cord, tools, fuses, remote control.
- Prepares carton labels and serial number labels by entering information in label printing program.
- Affixes serial number label to unit.
- Places unit and accessories into carton.
- Affixes labels to carton. Tapes carton shut.
- Moves product into loading dock area.
- Moves product onto carriers.
- Assists in palletizing numbers of cartons for consolidated shipments by shrink-wrapping and occasionally banding, using a banding hand tool.
- Moves pallet to loading dock, using a hand-operated pallet truck.
- Physically receive incoming Service RMA units to designated area
- Inspect box and unit for shipping damage
- Gather associated paperwork from file cabinet for incoming units
- Verify serial number, model number, and color of unit, notate on service traveler
- Print RMA box document using Print Station and affix to empty box of associated unit
- Bring completed paperwork to Customer Support Coordinator for processing
- Transport unit on a cart to Service Dept
- Move empty box to designated area for keeping
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Physical strength and agility are necessary. Packers are required to lift, (or assist in lifting), and carry product, in order to facilitate the set-up and demonstration of our product line. Krell products can be relatively heavy and sometimes awkward to handle.
Note: Lifting any Krell product, (by one’s self), which is in excess of the OSHA standard weight allowance (of 50 pounds) is prohibited. Proper body mechanics are to be observed. Partnered lifting must include proper body mechanics and adherence to all safety precautions appropriate to the individual.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We provide masks, hand sanitizer, factory is setup for social distancing.