KRELL INDUSTRIES, LLC
Job Title: Electronics Technician
Reports To: Manager
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Tests, troubleshoots and repairs developmental and production electronic components, parts, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Duties include physical labor and heavy lifting.
- Tests and troubleshoots electronic equipment at tiered levels: Component, sub-assembly and completed products.
- Ability to troubleshoot to Component level, Analog and Digital skills.
- Excellent soldering skills required.
- Ability to read and understand schematics.
- Analyzes, interprets and documents test data.
- Enters data in and draws data from testing systems regarding parts being tested.
- Enters repair data in company database and other applicable computer programs, as required.
- Communicates with Manager on regular basis regarding status of repairs.
- Checks functioning of equipment to evaluate system performance under actual operating conditions.
- May create detailed written repair estimates and communicate directly to the end-user or provide written repair to another party in the Service Department for delivery to the end-user.
- May speak directly with associates and end-users that have inquiries about problems with their Krell equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. E.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Thorough knowledge of both analog and digital circuitry.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as schematics, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals,etc. Ability to respond succinctly in both written and oral form to questions from
Management, co-workers and end-users.
Good basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Office with the ability to enter and lookup data in an ERP System.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical strength and agility are necessary. Technicians are sometimes required to lift, (or assist in lifting), and carry product, in order to facilitate the set-up and demonstration of our product line. Krell products can be relatively heavy and sometimes awkward to handle. Note: Lifting any Krell product,
(by one’s self), which is in excess of the OSHA standard weight allowance (of 50 pounds) is prohibited. Proper body mechanics are to be observed. Partnered lifting must include proper body mechanics and adherence to all safety precautions appropriate to the individual.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
We provide masks, hand sanitizer, factory is setup for social distancing, daily temperature checks.